| Externs meeting with Ashley Calderon during Fall Break externships |
balance your crazy schedule between work, class, and everything else? The externship program offered through the IPFW Career Services office is designed just for you! So, what is an externship? An externship is a mini internship which allows individuals to job shadow professionals to better understand what a position in a prospective field may look like. The externship program originated during spring break week and has now grown to offer externships over fall break. Fall break externships focus on on-campus opportunities for students. Fall externships for 2012 just concluded! The feedback from the program was overwhelmingly positive. Below are some testimonials from individuals in the externship process
"I really enjoyed my time during externship. I was able to learn so much about Human Resources and everyone answered all of my questions." - Human Resources extern
"I really enjoyed meeting with all of the different staff members. They were all so friendly and genuinely wanted to help. It was great to be able to network with them and just have all my questions answered. It really reaffirmed my desire to work in Human Resources." - Human Resources extern
"My favorite part of the externship process is just meeting with students. I really enjoy hearing from them, and they so frequently remind me of why I love my job. It's a great opportunity to mentor students and build long-term relationships with them." - Human Resources externship supervisor
If you are interested in externships, be sure to apply for the next externship program taking place March 11- March 15, 2013 (spring break week)! Space is limited so be sure to apply early:)
Check out http://new.ipfw.edu/offices/career/students/externships.html for more information!
Great information on Career information system and Career Assessments Program! Your blog feature much of the same content that I have come to expect here.
ReplyDeletecareer assessment tests