
Hi, my name is Hannah Stork and I’m the new Graduate Intern in the Office of Career Services. I am currently pursuing a Masters of Arts in Liberal Studies at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne. I received a Bachelors of Arts in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations from Indiana Tech in May 2009.
During my undergraduate studies I was a member of the Women’s Basketball team as well as a Resident Assistant in the underclassman dormitory. These two experiences helped me develop leadership skills and better understanding of student affairs and university operations. Since graduation, I have had the opportunity to work in higher education as an Admission Counselor. As an Admissions Counselor I had the opportunity to work with prospective students from the beginning of their college search all the way to enrollment.
My passion for higher education has led me to Career Services where I hope to learn more about job searching, networking, resume writing, various job markets, employment trends, and career counseling. I enjoy working one on one with students to help them succeed in and out of the classroom. This internship will provide me with a great opportunity to learn about another area of student affairs. I hope to gain more knowledge about the higher education system, while developing a broad understanding of various student affairs departments. I am excited to join the staff here at IPFW and hope to be of assistances to employers, staff members, faculty, and students.
No comments:
Post a Comment