Aunt Millie’s Bakeries-Externship 2010
Upon my selection for the Externship at Aunt Millie’s Bakery I took the needed time to research and familiarized myself with the company and their core values. During this opportunity I experienced, first hand, applied marketing and management policies and practices. Attending product development meetings where corporate personnel strategized product presentation in retail formats, I saw the applications of collegiate classroom concepts in a real world setting.
In my time with Aunt Millie’s, I gained immeasurably, qualitative marketing and business practices as applied in various marketing procedures. From creative and graphing design thru web site development, the process for traffic and project management was a rewarding experience.
Melissa Dunning, my mentor and handler, welcomed me as a participant of their team, but also empowered me to embrace many diverse responsibilities of the marketing role. From this opportunity I was able to better determine which areas of business I would like to pursue. From this experience, I have a broadened my scope of interest leading to a pursuit of a corporate marketing management career. Without the chance brought forth by this externship I might not have otherwise learned what possibilities exist.
- Jillian Penny - Participant in the Spring 2010 Externship program.
To learn more about the Externship program, contact Career Services at 481-0689.
No comments:
Post a Comment