Visit Career Services in Kettler Hall 109
- Speak with a career counselor about your options
- Take a free Focus Assessment (call the office at 260-481- 0689 for the access code)- A number of other career assessments are also offered through our office
Take a class to help you make career decisions
- EDUC X210 and EDUC X310 are designed to help YOU with various Career Topics including career exploration, self-assessment, internships, job search strategies, and much more!
Conduct an informational interview
- Talk to somebody who's in the field you're interested in about their job. Not only is this a great opportunity to better understand the profession, but it's a great opportunity to network!
- Sample questions:
- What is a typical day like in this position/ industry?
- What degree/ qualifications are need to enter this field?
- What do you like least/ most about your job?
- What is the entry-level salary range for a position in this field?
Do Online Research!
- Many colleges and organizations have devoted a lot of time to sharing free career information online. Some websites the Career Services office recommends includes O*netonline.org, Career Services Major Information, and Career OneStop
- Disclaimer: We advise you to be critical of the information you find on these or any other Web site and encourage you to make an appointment with a career counselor if you have any questions. Career Services does not take responsibility for the information contained on these Web site or for any address changes.